Yet another day, and another firmware flashing. Today’s treats, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 upgrade to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with build numbers P6800DXMD3 for South East Asian Samsung Galaxy Tab P6800 owners, who needed to manually upgrade their devices.
This firmware update is now live via Kies but again only from South East Asian Galaxy Tab P6800 owners. Other countries may need to wait for a while before you can get this from Kies. But for those advance users who wants to upgrade now and already tired of waiting, you may upgrade now using the original stock P6800DXMD3 firmware below and get your Galaxy Tab fully upgraded to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
How to Install Stock P6800DXMD3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your devices by using this method. You may proceed at your own risk!
Original Stock Firmware:
Singapore – P6800DXMD3_P6800OLBMD3_XSP.zip download
Malaysia – P6800DXMD3_P6800OLBMD3_XME.zip download
Indonesia – P6800DXMD3_P6800OLBMD3_XSE.zip download
Thailand – P6800DXMD3_P6800OLBMD3_THL.zip download
Vietnam – P6800DXMD3_P6800OLBMD3_XXV.zip download
1) Extract the downloaded stock firmware P6800DXMD3 to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted Kies_Home_P6800DXMD3_P6800OLBMD3_….tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 now runs in Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean without waiting in Kies. You may then confirm your fresh Jelly Bean firmware installation by hitting your device Settings>About>software info.