International Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110 now has its Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) update in Europe countries as well. The firmware comes in build numbers N5110XXCMK1 Though, the 4.2.2 update has began rolling out last year in select countries in Southeast Asia and in the United States as well, but only this time European countries received the said 4.2.2 update after from the last 4.1.2 update with build number N5110XXBMF1 and N5110XXBMD1.
For those who owns the Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 WiFI version , you should see this 4.2.2 update that might arrived shortly in your areas. Just make sure your Notelets battery are fully charged before performing an update. You can simply check your device Settings>>About Device>> Check for Update or fire-up that Kies in your computer and then check this new N5110XXCMK1 4.2.2 update. Below is the manual method for advanced users who can actually upgrade right now.
How to manually install N5110XXCMK1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via over the air with WiFi connection and or Kies and do not use this method since your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 still runs with the official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without any issues.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible any outcomes it may bring into your device.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
– Make a note of the APN setting of your network data provider.
Grab Odin flasher tools and USB Driver:
Download the original N5110XXCMK1 stock firmware:
United Kingdom: Unbranded build [BTU_N5110XXCMK1 Download]
|Country | Carrier||File Name||Firmware|
|South East Europe||SEE_N5110XXCMK1||link|
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware.
2. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
3. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
4. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the extracted stock firmware.
5. Set the Galaxy Note 8.0 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow andshows the current com port you Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odindoesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB portor USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
Once your Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 rebooted you should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean build N5110XXCMK1.
Restore the APN settings of your device, if you are experiencing data connection issues.
Change the default language and text input according to your own prepared language (All European languages are included on this firmware).
Optional: You may also perform factory reset to gain a fresher firmware installation, Just make sure you have back-up copy of your important data stored in your Note 8.0 before actually performing a factory reset.