For those who been wanting for the Android 4.4.2KitKat update on Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110, you may now manually upgrade to 4.4.2 KitKat firmware N5110XXDNE1. The N5110XXDNE1 has officially released by Samsung for the past few days. However, the rolled out was initially available in select countries such UK, Russia and Canada.
The firmware build version number N5110XXDNE1 is first official firmware has yet to sent out on Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi N5110. Yet there are some minor glitches have been found on the first 4.4.2 update and it still need some further improvements. So for those who might wanted to upgrade right now, you may grab the official 4.4.2 KitKat firmware N5110XXDNE1 from below sources.
If your Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi N5110 has root, you will lose root once you installed the official firmware back to your device. But the Android 4.4.2 N5110XXDNE1 can still be rooted, using same method you have tried before like the CF-Auto root and then the custom recovery you’ve used.
How to manually install N5110XXDNE1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via over the air with WiFi connection and or Kies and do not use this method since your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 still runs with the official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without any issues.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or changes their devices MUST ONLY update via Kies and OTA only. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 with model number GT-N5110 only (International version) and cannot be used on other Galaxy Note 8.0 variants like Galaxy Note 8.0 3G GT-N5100, Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 and the so on.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! Proceed with extra-precautions.
Download Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 original N5110XXDNE1 unbranded Stock Firmware
Select the exact stock firmware file according to your country of origin. I will add more countries soon.
N5110XXDNE1 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware for Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110
These firmware are of the same build, it means it can be installed and are compatible on all Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 in Europe and Canada.
Country/Carrier – PDA/CSC build numbers
- United Kingdom – 4.4.2 N5110XXDNE1_N5110OXADNE1_BTU.zip download
- Canada – 4.4.2 N5110XXDNE1_ N5110XACDNE2_XAC.zip download
- Russia – 4.4.2 N5110XXDNE1_N5110OXEDNE1_SER.zip download
Other countries can also be found here:
- United States – Android 4.4.2 Update N5110UEU2CNE2 Firmware Update
- Australia – Android 4.4.2 Update N5110XXDNK4 Firmware download
- New Zealand – Android 4.4.2 Update N5110XXDNK4 Firmware download
- Europe – Android 4.4.2 Update N5110XXDNF1 Firmware Update
FAQ about flashing Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 NE1 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again. CF-Auto Root will worked N5110XXDNE1 official 4.4.2 kitkat update.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use wizip,winrar, 7zip or any extracting tool you had in your computer.
– Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
– Load the binary tar file. Click on the AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM:
– Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox, just leave default checked Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time check-boxes.
– Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy Note 8.0 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down , Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You will then prompts into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode.The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
– Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen. You should see an ID:COM turns in bluish color and Odin says added!!. If Odin doesn’t respond when the device connected to the computer then check for possible errors, such as USB cable, USB ports and the USB driver. Do not proceed if the device is not recognized with Odin, it only result to flashing failure.
– Hit the “START’ button.
– Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from the computer once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat from your device:
Tap on Settings>About Device> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already N5110XXDNE1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat build.
How to Root N5110XXDNE1 official 4.4.2 kitkat update
To root the N5110XXDNE1 official 4.4.2 update, you may use CF-Auto Root. But take note there is KNOX counter that it gets tripped and void your warranty. So make sure to be aware with before taking into the plunge of rooting your device. But again, we cannot assure you that it may worked well. Simply download Chainfire’s CF-Auto root built for Galaxy Note 8.0 Gt-N5110 here http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ . Unzip the file so you’ll get the ‘CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5′. Now reboot your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 into download mode again Hold Volume Down+Home+Power button, then connect to your computer. Once the device is recognized with Odin, click the PDA button then load the ‘CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5′′. Lastly hit the “Start” button, then wait for a minute or two until it successfully installs the root file. Once you succefully installed the Root files, it may prompts you something like “SuperSu has stopped”, but all you need is update or download the latest SuperSu apps from playstore.
You may also grab this apps https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix which is useful for fixing SD card issues on Android 4.4.2 update. If everything here might not clear to you, just let me know.