Australia, Europe, Asia and Middle East – N5120XXDNE4 Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 4.4.2 Official Firmware.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update is finally here! The first Android 4.4.2 update comes with firmware build N5120XXDNE4 and those might want to upgrade right now, using the advanced method, then just read on below to grab the official 4.4.2 N5120XXDNE4 stock firmware.
Again, this update is now available in select countries and can be seen via over-the-air through WiFi connection or using Samsung Kies. Those who have been rooted and modified their Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 and now wants to return back to official 4.4.2 firmware then this guide is for you.
Firmware build details of the 4.4.2 KitKat N5120XXDNE4:
Model number: GT-N5120
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: P5210XXUBNH1
Kernel version: 3.0.31 – 1600517
Build number: KOT49H.N5120XXDNE4
Some Changes of N5120XXDNE4 4.4.2 Update:
· Android 4.4.2 (KitKat OS)
· Lockscreen shortcut
· White Status Bar icon
· Blocking Mode
· Hands Free Mode
· Voice Control
· Cloud printing
· Screen Rotation
· Improved Stability
· Security Enhancement
· find out more..
The stock firmware below is only for those who did not get this update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your SGalaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 just simply grab the 4.4.2 N5120XXDNE4 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort. One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured bootloader which similarly found on 4.3 updates, some circumstances is that you cannot revert back to the older software update version, for this breaks the bootloader image once gets re-written. So make sure to be aware with that if you are planning to install any ROMs that still based on 4.3 , or 4.2.2. If you are also rooted then you’ll lose root once the 4.4.2 installation has made, that’s because official firmwares wipes-out any modification you have made or installed in your device.
Manually Update Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat N5120XXDNE4 Firmware (Odin method)
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE with GT-GT-N5120 (International) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once installed the N5120XXDNE4 4.4.2 update?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to N5120XXDNE4 4.4.2 KitKat version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0? (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course.
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all software, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Download the original N5120XXDNE4 4.4.2 Stock Firmware:
Newest update N5120XXDOD1 on April 14, 2015
Model number: GT-N5120
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: N5120XXDOD1
Kernel version: 3.0.31 – 4601769
Build number: KOT49H.N5120XXDOD1
England – BTU N5120XXDOD1 Download (link)
Australia – N5120XXDNE4_N5120XSADNF1_XSA Download (link)
Denmark – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXXDNE1_NEE Download (link)
Estonia – N5120XXDNE4_N5120SEBDNF1_SEB Download (link)
Finland – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXXDNE1_NEE Download (link)
Germany – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXADNE4_DBT Download (link)
Iceland – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXXDNE1_NEE Download (link)
Latvia -N5120XXDNE4_N5120SEBDNF1_SEB Download (link)
Lithuania -N5120XXDNE4_N5120SEBDNF1_SEB Download (link)
Middle East – N5120XWDNE3-N5120OJVDNE3_XST Download (link)
New Zealand (Vodafone) N5120XXDNE4_N5120VNZDNF1_VNZ Download (link)
Norway – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXXDNE1_NEE Download (link)
Portugal (TPH) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXXDNE1_TPH Download (link)
Portugal (Vodafone) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120TCLDNF1_TCL Download (link)
Romania (Cosmote) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120COADNF1_COA Download (link)
Singapore – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OLBDNE1_XSP Download (link)
Singapore (M1) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OLBDNE1_MM1 Download (link)
Singapore (SingTel) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OLBDNE1_SIN Download (link)
Singapore (StarHub) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OLBDNE1_STH Download (link)
Slovenia (Si.mobil) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120SIMDNF1_SIM Download (link)
Sweden – N5120XXDNE4_N5120OXXDNE1_NEE Download (link)
Switzerland – N5120XXDNE4_ N5120AUTDNF1_AUT Download (link)
Switzerland (Swisscom) – N5120XXDNE4_N5120SWCDNF1_SWC Download (link)
1) Extract the downloaded P5210XXUBNH1 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the N5120XXDNE4 firmware.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes.
4) Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock firmware on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1.Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and or try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, it isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs. Also try to use another computer or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: This is eventually happens if your device came from custom firmware but you can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 in Normal mode.
6. If it did not resolve the issue just repeat flashing the firmware above.
That’s it! If you found some interesting features on this P5210XXUBNH1 4.4.2 KitKat update, just drop it on our comment form below.
Page update on April 14, 2015 (added the latest update N5120XXDOD1)