Latest official Android 4.0.4 firmware N7000XXLRT release update in Germany for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. This an update from previous releases with firmware build N7000XXLRQ and N7000XXLRK. According from Samsung that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be coming in late Q4. So, users expecting with the Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Note will be coming nearly sooner.
N7000XXLRT ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update info:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Product Code: GT-N7000ZBADBT
Latest firmware: N7000XXLRT/N7000DBTLRT/N7000XXLRK/N7000XXLRT
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich
Base Firmware: N7000XXLRT(4.0.4)
Build Date: 06-09-2012
N7000XXLRT DBT ICS 4.0.4 Stock Firmware
Here’s the stock ROM for Advance users use, for those who want to give it a try and can’t get this on Kies or OTA if outside Germany.
Just follow this quick guide on how to manually install using Odin.
– Odin downloader – Odin3_v3.07
– USB Driver: or you must have Kies installed on your PC to have the necessary driver for Galaxy Note installed as well.
– Supplied USB cable wire for Galaxy Note (ensure that it is in 100% working)
– A good PC USB serial port to avoid setup connection errors
– Then your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 not GT-I9220 for it comes with other firmware build
Grab the original N7000XXLRT Stock Firmware:
Firmware Download: Use GT-N7000 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Do a hard reset, (Full Reset: *2767*3855#) this will clean the memory cache of your device and get rid of flashing failures.
or press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset
ICS Odin Flashing Procedure for Galaxy Note GT-N7000
1)Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file.
A. Single file only – This firmware comes in a single packed mostly from recent updates that is fulled from official Samsung Kies firmware server. The PDA, MODEM and CSC file are in one single packaged. Single pack oftentimes comes as a NON-WIPE version, it means it does not delete or wipe your stored data from the phone’s memory after flashing.
Once you extracted this file, you”ll find a .tar.md5 file extension to it.
(I used Germany Stock Firmware on this guide since its the first official ICS firmware release)
Just load the file on the PDA box. Just click on the PDA button then select and load it.
DO NOT check ‘Repartition’ because there is no PIT file is loaded. This is safe for upgrade and downgrade only when the device is currently running the official firmware.
Check these: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Prepare the Device Into Download Mode: Turn-Off the phone first or remove the battery for a couple of seconds then put it back again. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, or by code *2767*3855# to gain a fresh firmware installed and to get rid of the bootloops issues. Enjoy!
Here’s the N7000XXLRT build properties:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.date=Thu Sep 6 21:13:29 KST 2012
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=GT-N7000-user 4.0.4 IMM76D XXLRT release-keys
# Samsung Specific Properties
# end build properties