The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G GT-N8000 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update
New Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 official Android 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNL1 firmware. This update firmware might includes a lot better improvements and enhancements since the previous Android 4.4.2 update versions like the N8000XXUDNH2 and N8000XXUDNE4. Maybe some of you have been skeptical for taking the 4.4.2 update as there are some few glitches wandering around. But taking a closer look at the N8000XXUDNL1 build you can see a huge differences on its kernel build version right now if we compare to the previous N8000XXUDNH2 update.
Firmware build details of the 4.4.2 KitKat N8000XXUDNL1
Device name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G+Wi-Fi
Model number: GT-N8000
Android version: Android 4.4.2
Baseband version: N8000XXUDNL1
Kernel version: 3.0.31–3582400
Build number: KOT49H.N8000XXUDNL1
While the previous N8000XXUDNH2 version is;
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: N8000XXUDNH2
Kernel Version: 3.4.31-2451885
Build Number: KOT49H.N8000XXUDNH2
The stock firmware below is only for those who did not get this update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 just simply grab the 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNH2 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort. One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured
Upgrade Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat via N8000XXUDNL1 Stock Firmware Odin Flashing method
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with GT-N8000 (international version) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once installed the N8000XXUDNH2 update?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to N8000XXUDNH2 4.4.2 KitKat version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0? (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method.
Download the Original N8000XXUDNL1 Stock Firmware:
United Kingdom – BTU_N8000XXUDNL1 Download (link)
Spain – PHE_N8000XXUDNL1 Download (link)
Switzerland – AUT_N8000XXUDNL1 Download (link)
Italy – ITV_N8000XXUDNL1 Download (link)
Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark – NEE_N8000XXUDNL1 Download (link)
Poland – XEO_N8000XXUDNL1 Download (link)
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Stock Firmware 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNL1 Odin Flashing Procedure:
1) Extract the downloaded N8000XXUDNL1 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip, winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the N8000XXUDNL1 firmware.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once theAndroid robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
How to Root N8000XXUDNL1 4.4.2
If you want to root your Galaxy Note 10.1 with Android 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNL1 installed on it, just use the CF-Auto root for GT-N8000. The rooting process is the same using Odin tool.
Just let me know how’s this N8000XXUDNL1 4.4.2 update performs on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000.
Updated on March 24, 2015 (added more countries to the list)