Official 4.4.2 KitKat firmware version N8000XXUDOF1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. This update has just recently rolled out on the month of June 2015, and has been seen released in Italy. This might be one of the last update you may see on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. The N8000XXUDOF1 got a much higher changelist value compared to the previous Android 4.4.2 updates. If your device has root on it, you may probably cannot get this update. To install an update to a rooted devices, all you need is grab the original stock firmware and then manually flash it, this will then restore back your device to official default settings. Though, you will lose root on this process but you can retain root again. I have added the right rooting method below for those who wants to retain root again once upgraded to 4.4.2.
Firmware build details of the 4.4.2 KitKat N8000XXUDOF1:
Device Name: Galaxy Note 10.1
Model number: GT-N8000
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: N8000XXUDNH1
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-4798185
Build Number: KOT49H.N8000XXUDOF1
Some Features on 4.4.2 KitKat:
- shortcut icons on the lock screen
- S Note
- Gallery, e.t.c
- Multiple widgets
- White status bar
The stock firmware below is only for those who did not get this update through ‘OTA’ over-the-air or even Kies and had faced issues like “Software Update Failed” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 just simply grab the 4.4.2 N8000XXUDOF1 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort. One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured bootloader which similarly found on 4.3 updates, some circumstances is that you cannot revert back to the older software update version, for this breaks the bootloader image once gets re-written. So make sure to be aware with that if you are planning to install any ROM that still based on 4.3 , or 4.2.2. If you are also rooted then you’ll lose root once the 4.4.2 installation has made, that’s because official firmware wipes-out any modification you have made or installed in your device.
Upgrade Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat via N8000XXUDOF1 Stock Firmware Odin Flashing method
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Galaxy Note 10.1 with GT-N8000 (international version) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once installed the N8000XXUDOF1 update?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to N8000XXUDOF1 4.4.2 KitKat version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0? (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course.
Download the Original N8000XXUDOF1 Stock Firmware:
Stock Odin Firmware N8000XXUDOF1:
Download N8000XXUDOF1 4.4.2 link
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Stock Firmware 4.4.2 N8000XXUDOF1 Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the downloaded N8000XXUDOF1 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the N8000XXUDOF1 firmware.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes.
4) Reboot the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Root N8000XXUDOF1 4.4.2
If you want to root the root guide is here:
To root the N8000XXUDOF1 running on your Galaxy Note 10.1 you may try to use the CF-Auto root for GT-N8000. The rooting process is the same using Odin tool. Just put the CF-Auto Root under ODin’s AP button, then simply flash it.
That’s all! Just let me know if you have something to mention.