Sprint released an update on Galaxy S4 SM-N910P to build version N910PVPS4DQC1. The update brings the March 1, 2017 Android security patch level, and other general system improvements. Here’s the stock firmware N910PVPS4DQC1 itself, that you might wanna need if you have missed this update.
• Device: Sprint Galaxy Note 4
• Model: SM-N910P
• Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
• Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
• Baseband version: N910PVPS4DQC1
• Kernel version: 3.10.40-9120850
• Build number: MMB29K.N910PVPS4DQC1
• Build date: Fri 3 Mar 2017
• AP: N910PVPS4DQC1_N910PSPT4DQC1_N910PVPS4DQC1_Home.tar.md5
• CP: N910PSPT4DQC1
• CSC: N910PVPS4DQC1
The stock firmware is for advanced users only. If you haven’t modified your device, you may take the update via Over-The-Air.
Quick Guide on How to Install a Stock Firmware
- Odin downloader – Use an Odin3 version that are sutable for flashing the 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware
- A USB Driver – drivers are here (only needed if you haven’t installed the latest Kies 3)
- Make a backup of all the important data or files store in your device memory.
Recharge the phone or at-least it still has around 50% power.
- Activate USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > About device > then look for the firmware build number and then tap that build number for around 7-times until a message pop-up that says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer”.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – from Home screen tap on Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on.
- Extract/Unzip the download stock firmware.
- Run and Configure Odin Flasher. In Odin window DO NOT tick the option box that says ‘Re-Partition’. Leave ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ check-marked by default.
- Just click on the AP button then select and load the stock firmware.
- Reboot the device into Download Mode. Turn it Off first. Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
- Connect the device into the computer using the supplied USB data cable.
- Begin Flashing. Tick the ‘START’ button.
DO NOT disconnect nor do anything when the phone is already in download mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process. Wait until the phone completely reboots before you unplug it from the computer.