Sprint Galaxy Note edge SM-N915P Firmware N915PVPS4DQC1. This firmware update will bumped the device Android security patch level to March 1, 2017, but it also includes other system improvements. Just in-case you might need the stock firmware N915PVPS4DQC1 itself, then you can simply grab it here.
• Device: Sprint Galaxy Note edge
• Model: SM-N915P
• Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
• Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
• Baseband version: N915PVPS4DQC1
• Kernel version: 3.10.40-8401399
• Build number: MMB29K.N915PVPS4DQC1
• Build date: Sun 9 Mar 2017
• AP: N915PVPS4DQC1
• CP: N915PSPT4DQC1
• CSC: N915PVPS4DQC1
The stock firmware is for advanced users only. If you haven’t modified your device, you may simply take the update via Over-The-Air.
Quick Guide on How to Install a Stock Firmware
- Odin downloader – Use an Odin3 version that are sutable for flashing the 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware
- A USB Driver – drivers are here (only needed if you haven’t installed the latest Kies 3)
- Make a backup of all the important data or files store in your phone’s internal memory.
- Recharge the phone or it’s still has at-least around 50% remaining power.
- Activate USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > About device > then look for the firmware build number and then Tap that build number for around 7-times until a message pop-up that says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer”.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – from Home screen tap on Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Reactivation lock option.
- Extract/Unzip the download stock firmware.
- Run and Configure Odin Flasher. In Odin window DO NOT tick the option box that says ‘Re-Partition’. Leave ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ check-marked by default.
- Just click on the AP button then select and load the stock firmware. N915PVPS4DQC1_N915PSPT4DQC1_N915PVPS4DQC1_Home.tar.md5
- Reboot the device into Download Mode. Turn it Off first. Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
- Connect the device into the computer using the supplied USB data cable.
- Begin Flashing. Tick the ‘START’ button.
DO NOT disconnect nor do anything when the phone is already in download mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process. Wait until the phone completely reboots before you unplug it from the computer.
Tips: Though this is just an optional one, but this method has been proven effective and we’ve still used it for a quite some time now. This process will get rid of some issues and you’ll gain a much cleaner and fresher firmware installation. But then again, you must have created a backup of your data stored in your phone’s internal memory before doing so. You may then perform factory data reset right after the new firmware installation. To do this, just press and hold the Volume Home, HOME and Power button at the same time while the phone is turned OFF, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You may also proceed to Wipe System Cache/Partition if some issues still persists.