United Kingdom owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) has started receiving new firmware update to build number version N7000XXLT9. This update is still based on Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2, an update from previous released build N7000XXLSZ, and it now comes with new baseband version to N7000XXLT3. Though, we have not enough any info how this update may bring changes on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, since it’s too early and still rolling out right now via Samsung Kies. This N7000XXLT9 is freshly baked as of 4th of June 2013 and is now confirmed to be hitting UK’s Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, both on unbranded and carrier branded with Orange, Vodafone and Carphone Warehouse devices.
N7000XXLT9 firmware build info:
Model: GT-N7000 Samsung Galax Note
Country: United Kingdom
Carriers: Unlocked/Unbranded, Orange, Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse
Version: Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
CSC: N7000OXXLT3 (Unbranded/Carphone Warehouse)
Build date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:29:01
Folks at XDA-developers has confirmed that it is now live using Samsung Kies software tool prior to get the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 updated to software build N7000XXLT9. So, better check it out and let us know how this new 4.1.2 N7000XXLT9 update performs on your Galaxy Note. The unbranded ‘XEU’ stock ROM can be downloaded below just for advanced users who wants to give it a try.
How to Manually Install the N7000XXLT9 Official 4.1.2 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Thus who now runs with rooted or custom firmware and custom recoveries cannot get this update officially from Kies or OTA, since the device is already modified, Kies or OTA updates will just fails your devices from updating. This is the procedure on how to manually upgrade the Samsung Galaxy Note to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean firmware build N7000XXLT9.
Warning: This method is for advance users only, typical users who did not touch or changes their devices MUST ONLY update via Kies and OTA only. This firmware is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Note with model number GT-N7000 only (International version) and cannot be used on U.S and Canada Galaxy Note variants and so on.
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk! Proceed with extra-precautions.
Download Galaxy Note 4.1.2 N7000XXLT9 Stock Firmware
Select the exact stock firmware file according to your country of origin.
Unbranded Stock 4.1.2 N7000XXLT9 Firmware:
N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT3_XEU.zip – United Kingdom, Ireland
N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT_XEO.zip – Poland
N7000XXLT9_N7000ITVLT3_ITV.zip – Italy
N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT3_PHE.zip – Spain
N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT3_FOP.zip – Spain
Branded Stock 4.1.2 N7000XXLT9 Firmware:
N7000XXLT9_N7000ORALT3_ORA.zip – UK (orange)
N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT3_CPW.zip – UK (carphone warehouse)
N7000XXLT9_N7000VODLT4_VOD.zip – UK (vodafone)
N7000XXLT9_N7000VDILT3_VDI.zip – Ireland (vodafone)
N7000XXLT9_N7000HTSLT1_HTS.zip – Sweden (tre)
N7000XXLT9_N7000SWCLT4_SWC.zip – Switzerland (swisscom)
FAQ about flashing Samsung Galaxy Note stock firmware:
Q: Did it increase the flash counter of the phone?
A: No, flashing original stock firmware will not trip your phone’s flash counter, it only increases when you install any custom ROM, unofficial or leaked firmware.
Q: My phone is already rooted, does it remove root?
A: Yes, once you flash official firmware it will return to its original factory default settings, you will lose root and you need to root again.
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things as follows:
– Create a sync and backup all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lose it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues while updating.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
– Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar. Use wizip, winrar, 7zip or any extracting tool you had in your computer.
– Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
– Load the binary tar file. Click on the PDA or AP button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM.
Example of UK’s Galaxy Note 4.1.2 stock firmware:
– Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox, just leave default checked Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time check-boxes.
– Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy Note into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down , Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You will then prompts into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want tocontinue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode.The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
– Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen. You should see an ID:COM turns in bluish color and Odin says added!!. If Odin doesn’t respond when the device connected to the computer then check for possible errors, such as USB cable, USB ports and the USB driver. Do not proceed if the device is not recognized with Odin, it only result to flashing failure.
– Hit the “START’ button.
– Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
Settings>About Device> Firmware info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already on N7000XXLT9 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build.
Thank’s to [XDA-developers fellas for bringing this in]