T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge has finally received the official Android Nougat update. For the Galaxy S7 SM-G930T the Nougat update came out as G930TUVU4BQB1. While the Galaxy S7 edge got the build version G935TUVU4BQB1.
For those hose who did not modify their device can simply grab the this update, while those who have a modified or rooted devices may only flash back to stock using the official firmware build G935TUVU4BQB1 itself. Just read on, for the rest of the step by step instructions on how to manually install the official Nougat on a T-Mobile Galaxy S7 edge with model number SM-G935T. For the Galaxy S7 G930F you may also get the Nougat firmware G930TUVU4BQB1 here.
Nougat Firmware version G935TUVU4BQB1 Technical details :
- Device: Galaxy S7 edge (T-Mobile USA)
- Model number: SM-G935T
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: February 1, 2017
- Baseband version: G935TUVU4BQB1
- Kernel version: 3.18.14-10376601
- Build number: NRD90M.G935TUVU4BQB1
- AP: G935TUVU4BQB1
- CP: G935TUVU4BQB1
- CSC: G935TTMB4BQB1
Android 7.0. Nougat Features :
Provides new UX and various performance modes
Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
Improved usability of the Multi-window
Improved setting menu and Always On Display
Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
How to Install Nougat Firmware version G935TUVU4BQB1
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not messed-up your phone:
• Backup all your personal data – Use “Samsung Smart Switch for PC“ (Google it) to easily make a backup of your Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures, and Videos, so that you will not lose it. You must do this because the recent firmware packages will wipe out your device stored data.
• Recharge the device battery – Make sure that your Galaxy S7 edge battery is fully recharged to ensure its stability. A power failure during the installation process may harm your device.
• Prepare a PC as this process will not tend to work in Mac computers.
• Enable OEM unlocking mode – This thing wan’t there before during the old times, but if this feature is already enabled in your device. Just go to Settings > About device > then look for the firmware’s Build number and then tap that build number for around 7-times until a message pop-up that says something like “Congratulations you are now a developer!”. Then hit back in Settings > About device > Developer option > OEM Unlocking.
• Enable USB debugging mode if you are having issues connecting your device to the computer try to enable this option.go to Settings > About device > Developer option > USB debugging.
• TURN OFF the FRP Reactivation Lock – This also necessarily needed if your device already have this feature enabled. This is only needed if you already turned it ON, from which you cannot modify the system when and if it’s turned-ON.
To do this just got to Settings > Security > Reactivation Lock, and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on.
Grab these necessary tools
- Odin3_v3.11.1 downloader or the latest version – This is best for flashing the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware
- USB Driver – only needed if you haven’t installed the latest Samsung Smart Switch in your PC.
Step-1: Reboot the Phone in Download Mode
Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge G935T into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now, Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time. You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears. If you can’t get into it, repeat the 3-button combination again and again.
Step-2: Load the Stock Firmware
Unzip the firmware packaged first. Then run the Odin multidownloader tool in your PC.
Next, connect your Phone to your PC and simply load the stock firmware binary packages in each designated button/slots.
Here are the line-up of each firmware tarballs:
BL button: BL_G935TUVU4BQB1_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
AP button: AP_G935TUVU4BQB1_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
CP button: CP_G935TUVU4BQB1_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
CSC button: HOME_CSC_G935TTMB4BQB1_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
Step-3: Begin Flashing the Stock Firmware
Once all the firmware is loaded correctly on each slots, simply hit the “START” button. Then wait until it completely finishes flashing the firmware. You may then disconnect the device once it reboots.
After it finishes, confirm the build version by hitting Settings > About device. You should see that the Android version is 7.0 and the build version as NRD90M.G935TUVU4BQB1. You may also necessarily update all of the 3rd-party apps you’ve installed in your device as it may no longer works perfectly in Android Nougat.