Even though Samsung has already started the released of the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi (GT-P5110), we have seen only few lucky owners on select countries, including UK, New Zealand, and Asian countries received the said 4.2.2 update. The first Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 4.2.2 firmware comes in build number P5110XXDMH2 (UK and New Zealand, then followed by P5110XXDMH3 in Asia. Now, as the releasing continues, it’s now started hitting in Germany, Italy and some other European countries but the firmware build number now comes in P5110XXDMI1. The MI1 build is much likely the stable 4.2.2 build since the released of the MH2 has halted a while last month.
For those who owns the WiFI version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110, you should keep an eye of the MI1 4.2.2 update that might arrived soon in your areas. You may simply fire-up that Kies in your computer and then check this new P5110XXDMI1 4.2.2 update. Again, the released is in stages and goes slowly hitting in some select countries only. Below is manual method for advanced users who can actually upgrade right now.
How to manually install P5110XXDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without facing any issues.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible any outcomes it may bring into your device.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
– Make a note of the APN setting of your network data provider.
Grab Odin3_v3.07 Odin3_v3.07 link
Install the USB Driver: download
Download the original 4.2.2 P5110XXDMI1 stock firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110:
Netherlands – PHN_P5110XXDML1 Download (latest update!!)
Australia – XSA_P5110XXDMH2 Download
Austria – ATO_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Baltic – SEB_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Cyprus – CYO_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Czech Republic – XEZ_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Denmark – NEE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Faroe Islands – NEE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Finland – NEE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Germany DBT_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Greece EUR_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Hungary XEH_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Iceland NEE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Italy – ITV_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Netherlands – PHN_P5110XXDMI1 Download
New Zealand – NCZ_P5110XXDMH2 Download
Norway – NEE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Poland – XEO_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Russian Federation – SER_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Slovakia – XSK_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Spain – PHE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Sweden – NEE_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Switzerland – AUT_P5110XXDMI1 Download
Ukraine (Kyivstar) – SEK_P5110XXDMI1 Download
United Kingdom – BTU_P5110XXDMH2 Download
United Kingdom – (O2) O2U_P5110XXDMI1 Download
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the extracted stock firmware.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow andshows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odindoesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB portor USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
Once your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 rebooted you should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean build P5110XXDMI1.
Restore the APN settings of your device, to get rid of data connection issues.
Change the default language and text input according to your own prepared language (All European languages are included on this firmware).
Optional: You may also perform factory reset to gain a fresher firmware installation.