P5110XXDNB1 latest 4.2.2 firmware update for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110. The P5110XXDNB1 4.2.2 firmware build has seen rolled out in both branded and unlocked versions Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110 in Europe. Though we have not seen any 4.3 Jelly Bean update on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110, we should be thankful that this 10.1-inches tablet is still seeing an update this year, but might no more support soon. Do not even try to expect for the 4.4.2 KitKat update on this tablet since we don’t even have update, that’s simply because it’s about hardware capability issues to handle such huge Android OS.
For those who owns the WiFI version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110, you should keep an eye of the P5110XXDNB1 4.2.2 update that might already arrived in your areas. You may simply fire-up that Kies in your computer and then check this new P5110XXDNB1 4.2.2 update. Again, the released is in stages and goes slowly hitting in select countries only. Below is the manual method for advanced users who can actually upgrade right now.
How to manually Install P5110XXDNB1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110
This quick guide is for advance users only – those who has rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update thru Kies or Over the Air without facing any issues.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible any outcomes it may bring into your device.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
– Make a note of the APN setting of your network data provider.
Grab Odin3_v3.07 Odin3_v3.07 link
Install the USB Driver: download
Download the original 4.2.2 P5110XXDMI1 stock firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110:
Serbia – SMO_P5110XXDNB1 Download
Belgium– BSE_P5110XXDNB1 Download
Slovenia – SIO_P5110XXDNB1 Download
Portugal – TPH_P5110XXDNB1 Download
Romania (Cosmote) – COA_P5110XXDNB1 Download
Switzerland – AUT_P5110XXDNB1 Download
Added! New Zealand – NCZ_P5110XXDNB2 Download
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the extracted stock firmware.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow andshows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odindoesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB portor USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
Once your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 rebooted you should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean build P5110XXDNB1.
Restore the APN settings of your device, to get rid of data connection issues.
Change the default language and text input according to your own prepared language (All European languages are included on this firmware).
Optional: You may also perform factory reset to gain a fresher firmware installation of 4.2.2 P5110XXDNB1.