If you were from Canada and owns a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210, you have now a new firmware update to build number P5210XXUBNK2. The P5210XXUBNK2 is still in Android 4.4.2 and an update from the first 4.4.2 update that comes in build number P5210XXUBNH1 in September. But those previous wasn’t stable enough to hold and support some 3rd-party applications. One of the issue that annoys everyone was the Facebook application problem that keeps on crashing here and there when running the application. Luckily, as the problem has been reported by many Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 users worldwide and as far as Facebook and Samsung concerns about the problem. So those who’d been updated from previous 4.4.2 and had been disappointed about it, as this update will technically fix and will put to end the Facebook constant crashing chaos.
In addition, there are two new 4.4.2 updates has just arrive this November. The first one is for the US Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 users (please refer to P5210UEU0CNK1 4.4.2 update), and then this one which is held to roll out for all Canadian Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 users.
This update is live via Kies, all you need is to hook-up your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 in your computer then simply run the Kies software update program in your computer. If you might have missed the P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 update due to the fact if your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 OS is modified you can still get it right now using the official P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 stock firmware below. You can use the advanced method if however you are rooted and did not see the update on Kies.
Again, this guide is for those who have been rooted and modified their Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 and now wants to return back to official 4.4.2 firmware then this guide is for you. Just read on below to grab the official 4.4.2 P5210XXUBNK2 stock firmware. This P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 firmware update is exclusively for Canada’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 users only, while for USA users you can also see an update to 4.4.2 with the official firmware build number of KOT49H.P5210UEU0CNK1.
Firmware build details of the 4.4.2 KitKat P5210XXUBNK2:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Wi-Fi Only
Model number: GT-P5210
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: P5210XXUBNK2
Kernel version: 3.4.34–3241387
Build number: KOT49H.P5210XXUBNK2
Changes of P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 Update:
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat OS)
- Fix Facebook crashing issue
- Battery life improvements
- Apps compatibility
- The default 4.4.2 features are still intact
– Lockscreen shortcut
– White Status Bar icon
– Blocking Mode
– Hands Free Mode
– Voice Control
– Cloud printing
– Screen Rotation
– Improved Stability
– Security Enhancement
Find out more..
The stock firmware below is only for those who did not get this update through Kies and had faced issues like “Your device has been modified ” or “This device is not supported with kies” and any similar errors. So again, if you want to have the 4.4.2 KitKat update installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 just simply grab the 4.4.2 P5210XXUBNK2 stock firmware from the sources below, for this is your other last resort. One more thing, the 4.4.2 update now equipped with a secured bootloader which similarly found on 4.3 updates, some circumstances is that you cannot revert back to the older software update version, for this breaks the bootloader image once gets re-written. So make sure to be aware with that if you are planning to install any ROMs that still based on 4.3 , or 4.2.2. If you are also rooted then you’ll lose root once the 4.4.2 installation has made, that’s because official firmwares wipes-out any modification you have made or installed in your device.
Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat P5210XXUBNK2 via Stock Firmware method
Disclaimer: This method are used by Android developers and advanced users only. If ever this is your first time heard about this procedure, please make a careful research first before proceeding. We shall not be held any responsibility if anything happens to your device from using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Warning: This stock ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with GT-P5210 (International) specific model only. Do not ever try to use this firmware on other Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 variants.
Q: Will I lose root once installed the P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 update?
A: Yes, this will restore your device into official firmware.
Q: Can I install root again once upgraded to P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 KitKat version?
A: Yes, this firmware build can be rooted, but be aware about the new KNOX security platform hidden inside the system that completely voids the warranty of your device once gets tripped by means of rooting or installing any custom recovery. This sets “KNOX warranty Void: 0×1 from 0×0? (You can see this when you set your device in download mode). This cannot be reset by any hacking method except by Samsung service personnel using a special reset tool of-course.
Download the original P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 Stock Firmware:
Canada XAC – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210XACBNK2 Download (link)
Update 29 November, 2014: More countries are also getting the P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 update
Australia XSA – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210XSABNJ1 (link)
Canada XAC – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210XACBNJ1 (link)
United States XAR – P5210XXUBNK1_P5210XARBNK1 (link)
United Kingdom BTU – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210BTUBNJ1 (link)
New Zealand NZC – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210NZCBNJ1 (link)
Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden (Nordic Countries) NEE – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210OXXBNJ1 (link)
Bulgaria BGL – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210OXXBNJ1 (link)
Czech Republic XEZ – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210OXXBNJ1 (link)
Italy ITV – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210ITVBNJ1 (link)
Luxembourg LUX – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210LUXBNJ1 (link)
Portugal TPH- P5210XXUBNK2_P5210OXXBNJ1 (link)
Romania ROM – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210OXXBNJ1 (link)
Romania (Cosmote) COA – P5210XXUBNK2_P5210OXXBNJ1 (link)
Before you proceed prepare these necessary things as follows so you’ll not screwed-up your phone:
– Create a back-up all your personal data, like: Contacts, Messages, Applications, Pictures and Videos, so that you will not lost it just in-case something might went wrong after the update.
– Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 battery is fully charged to ensure stability and to get rid pf power failure issues while updating.
– Enable USB debugging mode – Tap on Settings>>About>>General>> look for the ‘build number’ then tap the build number starts with “KOT49H” for around 7-times until the developer options show-up.
– Close all software, such as KIES suite to prevent the possible conflict.
– Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows OS.
Stock Firmware P5210XXUBNK2 4.4.2 Odin Flashing Procedures:
1) Extract the P5210XXUBNK2 firmware or stock ROM. Use winzip, 7zip,winrar or any decompressing program you have in your computer.
2) Run Odin3_v3.09 flasher program.
3) Just click on the PDA button then select and load the P5210XXUBNH1 firmware.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ option.
leave these checked: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes.
4) Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 into Download Mode: Turn it Off first. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5) Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to a bluish color when the phone is properly connected and already recognized with Odin.
6) Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7) DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
This is only optional just in-case you’ll experience bootloop and lag issues after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, to gain a fresh firmware installed.
Possible errors that you might encountered, based on my own experience while flashing a stock firmware on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolve Odin issues.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1.Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and or try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, it isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs. Also try to use another computer or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: This is eventually happens if your device came from custom firmware but you can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 in Normal mode.
6. If it did not resolve the issue just repeat flashing the firmware above.
That’s it! Just drop some word on our comment form below if it’s 100% resolves the Facebook crashing problem on your Galaxy Tab 3.