The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 got another official Android ICS 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware update rolled out with build number P6800XXLQ2. But then again its only available in Austria for the second time in a row. This is an update from the first released P6800XXLQ1 but its still have the same baseband build or modem version P6800XXPLW.
Samsung devs might have done some fine tuning to make the ICS firmware more stabler on Galaxy Tab.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Latest firmware: P6800XXLQ2/P6800OXALQ2/P6800XXLPW/P6800XXLQ2
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: August 2012
This firmware update is already rolled in Kies but again only Austrian users can get it. Other countries may need to wait for a while before you can get it on Kies. But for those advance users who wants to upgrade now and also to those who already managed upgrading from the first released P6800XXLQ1, you may upgrade now using the original stock ROM.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your devices by using this method. You may proceed at your own risk!
Original Stock ROM: GT-P6800_ATO_P6800XXLQ2_P6800OXALQ2_P6800XXLPW
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6800XXLQ2_P6800OXALQ2_P6800XXLPW_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich without waiting in Kies.