P6810XXLPM AUT – The official ICs 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich released in Switzerland for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi Only GT-P6810. This is the 4rth ICS firmware build released for Galaxy Tab 7.7. Wifi users. The first released hits in UK – P6810XXLPK and P6810XXLPL and then followed in Hong Kong – China P6810ZSLP8.
What’s new features on ICS 4.0.4 P6810XXLPM?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi GT-P6810 itfeatures a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi GT-P6810 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich P6810XXLPM
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in United Kingdom, Switzerland and China. This procedure is for advance users only, typical users must only wait the availability and upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA in your region.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Remember the APN settings of your device.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
For advance users, I suggest you must have your Galaxy Tab runs with stock 3.2 Honeycomb. If you currently runs with custom ROM, just install back the official stock first, for smooth flashing with Odin and avoid any issues.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Firmware build: P6810XXLPM
Latest firmware: P6810XXLPM/P6810XXLP1/P6810XXLPM/P6810XXLPM
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Original Stock ROM: GT-P6810_ICS_4.0.4_AUT_P6810XXLPM_P6810XXLP1_P6810XXLPM
Odin Flasher Guide: P6810XXLPM Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi GT-P6810
1) Extract or “unzipped” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6810XXLPM_P6810XXLP1_P6810XXLPM_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset . This only optional, if you want to get a fresher firmware installation and to get rid of bootloops, stuck on Samsung Logo etc.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi GT-P6810 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich before other users can get it and waiting in Kies to appear.