Finally! Vodafone Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 official ICS update now rolls out! The firmware build number is P7500BULP5, this is an update from Honeycomb build 3.2 P7500BUKL1. Maybe some of you might ask “Why the heck this came around too late, since the Ice Cream Sandwich already released in other countries a month ago?” I have read some users complaints already been posted in
Maybe some of you already installed or upgraded to ICS using the P7500XXLQ8 unbranded firmware released in Italy last August 1st. That ICS works perfectly somehow since its reportedly been stable and only few minor issues encountered. But this one might be the fit for your device since this is built with default privilege of Vodafone apps and settings.
Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for Vodafone GALAXY TAB 10.1
The P7500BULP5 Ice Cream Sandwich build is now initially available in Vodafone Spain. Other countries like UK may somehow wait for a while for it might be probably also push this couple of days, because as you may know Vodafone’s support team will still hold it for a while, some test procedures might undergone before pushing it to the users.
Here’s Vodafone UK statement about software updates:
Why does Vodafone delay the issue of future software updates?
Prior to releasing or approving any software update for customers who have bought a handset through Vodafone, we test it thoroughly to ensure it provides customers the best possible experience on our network. Our testing process begins as soon as we receive the software, which often happens once the manufacturer has already released the open market version of the software. During the review process, we report any issues with the software back to the manufacturer for them to address. Once the firmware is approved by Vodafone, we return it to the manufacturer and they will then distribute the software to customers through the appropriate channels.
When will the update be available?
As mentioned above, there are numerous factors which influence a release date which means we cannot give a date; even an estimate would often change.
P7500BULP5 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Build
The build date is just around last month, and then this build just recently surface via Kies this day. We do not heard any reports that was already rolled out earlier or maybe we are just outdated somehow if we are mistaken.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500
Latest firmware: P7500BULP5/P7500VFGLP5/P7500BULP5/P7500BULP5
Android version: v4.0.4 a.k.a Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/modified: 9/19/2012 10:27:31 AM
P7500BULP5 Stock ROM and how to install it?
Here’s the original stock firmware files for advance users, who wanted to restore back their Galaxy Tab to Vodafone’s official firmware. This is compatible and can be used on Galaxy Tab under Vodafone carrier only. This can be installed on using odin downloader tool since you can get this on via Kies.
For those who currently runs with a custom ROM, you should return back your device to official HC stock firmware first before directly installing this stock ROM, to get rid of any issues. Ensure that the original kernel is already installed on your phone’s system. Then you may need to perform wipe data/factory reset to clear the device memory cache before flashing.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM
Original Stock ROM: GT-P7500_ATL_P7500BULP5_P7500VFGLP5_P7500BULP5.zip
Find the Firmware here
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7500BULP5_P7500VFGLP5_P7500BULP5_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, its time to remove it from PC connection.
Optional: If you experience some lags issues you can fix it by performing wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! Any question? drop it on our comment form.