Here it is! the official firmware update Android ICS 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi Only GT-P7510. This update recently rolled out in UK with firmware build P7510XXLPH. Also along with this ICS 4.0.4 update receives already is the non WiFi version Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 which initially released in Italy with firmware build P7500XXLQ8.
As you may know, Samsung already began rolling out the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for Android tablets in selected countries, other countries may wait for a while for its only available for UK users.
Other variants like the GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI, GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G, GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI and GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G may also follow this following days.
So, If you are an advance user and already knows some tweaking about your device firmware you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510, by using the original stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 P7510XXLPH.
This will upgrade your device to android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich without waiting to appear it on Kies within your country or region.
What’s the new features on ICS 4.0.4 P7510XXLPH?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi 10.1 GT-P7510 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in United Kingdom. This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only wait for it and upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Remember the APN settings of your device.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Firmware build: P7510XXLPH
Latest firmware: P7510XXLPH/P7510XEULPH/P7510XXLPH/P7510XXLPH
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: July 2012
Original Stock ROM: GT-P7510_XEU_P7510XXLPH_P7510XEULPH_P7500XXLPH.zip
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi with product code GT-P7510 since its all the same, already tested and works on all international versions, U.S and Europe. The default language is set in English UK, but all other languages are also included in the packaged.
Here’s The Input languages:
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
Odin Flasher Guide: P7500XXLPH Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi Only GT-P7510
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7510XXLPH_P710XEULPH_P7500XXLPH_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.