Yet another Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update now officially rolling out in Germany. The firmware build number is N8000XXCMC3 which is an indications of a fresher build this March 2013. This another build which earlier releases in Russian regions N8000XXCMC1 this month. As of now, this firmware build ‘CMC1’ is spotted heading for Germany owners of the unbranded Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with default CSC as ‘DBT’. This is Germany’s third update for this year after the N8000XXCMB2 and N800XXCMA1 4.1.2 build if I’m not mistaken.
So, anyone from Germany who has the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 at hand, you guys better check it out on Kies. If you don’t have Kies, grab it from Samsung page, install it in your computer, connect your device, then follow Kies software update instructions. We have no chagelog of what’s newly added features and enhancements on this update. Just discover it out on your own.
For developers and advance users who wants to give it try just grab the original firmware or stock ROM N8000XXCMC3 below. This build might also going to roll out is other countries soon.
How to manually install DBT 4.1.2 on Galaxy Note 10.1
Disclaimer: Use of this guide is solely at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your devices. Please proceed with extra precautions.
Do Some Preparations:
– Back-up all important data stored from the device and saved it somewhere on your computer.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge.
– Grab the following needed files below.
– Remember the APN settings of your device.
Grab the following needed files:
Official Stock ROM:
This firmware version have been updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat and it’s no longer applicable for the device.
Odin3_v3.07 Flasher Tool – Odin3_v3.07
USB Driver – Download
Odin Flashing Procedure:
1. Install the driver
2. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware in a separate folder of your computer.
3. Run and configure Odin. Do not check the “Re-Partition” checkbox. Leave marked checked on “”Auto-Reboot and “F-Reset Time”.
4. Boot the Galaxy Note 10.1 into “Download Mode”
– Turn it Off
– Press and hold (Volume Down, Home and Power) button at the same time.
– Press Volume Up to continue..
5. Connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to computer, once it display the downloading screen.
6. Load the tar file on Odin’s PDA button.
– click on PDA button then locate and select the extracted
extracted ‘Kies_HOME_N8000XXCMC3_N8000OXACMC3.tar.md5′ file.
Odin sample only:
7. Hit the “Start” button to begin flashing.
8. Wait until it finishes and Odin displays a word “PASS!”.
9. Once the device reboots, unplug it from PC connection.
Fixing Possible Errors and Failures during Flashing
Set up connection failed
All threads completed (success 0/failed 1)
This is cause by a bad USB connection. Try to reconnect or use other USB cable, check everything – PC USB serial ports.
Stuck at welcome screen or logo
This can be easily fix by factory reset.
– press and hold (Volume Up, Home and Power) button
– navigate down and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the volume keys.
– Use Power or Home button to enter choice.
– then select “Reboot System Now”.
That’s It! Any suggestions and questions, just drop it on the comment form below.