The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi official Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich had begun rolling out way back in August, but the released only took place in the United States (Android 4.0.4 P7310UELPB) and Canada . Now, Geez! after almost three months of waiting… Finally! this update now hits in Europe shores. The latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich with build number P7310XXLPO as dated build just recently this month, it’s surely emphasize that the delayed is another topic to argue. Why? maybe this tablet was affected by Samsung and Apple lawsuit wars. Forget about that, its none of our business. Let’s just all do the
outdated thing, I mean update, for too many users had waited for this Ice Cream Sandwich tweaks. Wait.. Why Samsung’s newest slates of tablets already runs with Jelly Bean? Wow!
For now, this update is only available for United Kingdom and Ireland users only, UK got it first across Europe regions. Some countries in Asia already has it but other countries may need to have more patience, but if you are already tired of waiting before it reaches in your area or appears on Kies and wants an ICS tweaks now, you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 8.9 now.
To those who keep asking what about the “Tab 8.9 3G+WiFi GT-P7300” version. Well, it might also follow soon, just stay tuned as we both keep an eye for that.
Anyway, if you know how to use Odin you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 device now, by using the original stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 P7310XXLPO.
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7310, already tested and works on all international versions since it’s all the same. The default language is set in English- United kingdom, but all other European languages are included in the packaged. So, you may just need to change the default language to your locality, if you want to upgrade now, using the original stock ROM build P7310XXLPO.
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
What Features on ICS 4.0.4 P7310XXLP0?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
Latest firmware: P7310XXLPO/P7310XEULPO/P7310XXLPO/P7310XXLPO
Country: United Kingdom/Ireland
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: November 2012
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stockfirmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re all in the UK. This procedure is for advance users only that still currently runs with official stock 3.2 HoneyComb, typical users may only upgrade thru Kies and may not try this method if do not truly understand of what this stuff is all about.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
– Remember the APN settings of your network provider, if you install this on your tab which you
– Perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Original Stock ROM: GT-P7310_XEU_P7310XXLPO_P7310XEULPO_P7310XXLPO.zip
Odin Flasher Guide: P7310XXLPO Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 WiFi Only
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7310XXLPO_P7310XEULPO_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, remove it from computer’s USB connection.
That’s all! Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.