The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 already receives the first firmware update released in Italy with firmware build P7500XXLQ8 and the WiFi version GT-P7510 in UK. Samsung already began rolling out the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for Android tablets in selected countries, other countries may wait for a while for its only available for Italian users.
The first tablet received the said ICS update was the Samsung Galaxy Tab plus GT-P6200, which is also have its first ICS 4.0.4 update released in Austria just a couple of days ago, and then followed with the WiFi version GT-P6210 in UK. Other variants like the GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI, GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G, GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI and GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G may also follow this following days.
Anyway, if you know how to use Odin you can upgrade your Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 device now, by using the original stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 P7500XXLQ8. This will upgrade your device to android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich without waiting to appear it on Kies within your country or region.
This stock ROM is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, already tested and works on U.S, Europe and all international versions since its all the same. The default language is set in Italian, but all other languages are included in the packaged. So, you may just need to change the default language (Italy-Italiano) to your locality, if you want to upgrade now, using the original stock ROM build P7500XXLQ8.
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Spania)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (Belgique)
- Francais (France)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brasil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
What’s the new features on ICS 4.0.4 P7500XXLQ8?
If you upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 it features a very smooth scrolling, much faster and smoother than in 3.2 honeycomb. There are major changes happens like the looks and apps you are going to discover.
The latest released: P7500XXLQ8
Latest firmware: P7500XXLQ8/P7500OXALQ8/P7500XXLQ8/P7500XXLQ8
Version: Android 4.0.4 ice Cream Sandwich
Released: July 2012
How to install and upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade to it yet via Kies unless we’re in Italy. This procedure is for advance users only that still currently runs with official stock 3.2 HoneyComb, typical users may only upgrade thru Kies and may not try this method if do not truly understand of what this stuff is all about.
Update: For those who currently runs with a custom ROM, you should return back your device to official HC stock firmware first before directly installing this stock ROM, to get rid of issues like bootloops, display flickering and battery fast draining problem. Ensure that the original kernel is already installed on your phone’s system. Then you may need to perform wipe data/factory reset to clear the device memory cache before flashing.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
Grab the original stock ROM:
Original Stock ROM: Europe Unlocked XEU_P7500XWLP9 (Much stable ICS build)
Odin Flasher Guide: P7500XXLQ8 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ ans ‘F-Rreset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_P7500XXLQ8_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s all! Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.