Sprint just released another software update build 3.16.651.3 an update from last month software version 3.16.651.3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. The most important part is the fix for the random crashes issues of application. The most interesting feature on this update is the added ability of an audio and video output, to connect the device to a HDTV using a MHL cable or HDMI adapter. It means that proud owners of the HTC EVO 4G LTE can now stream videos and photos via High Definition TV’s or listen a pre-recorded audios and music files to a larger speakers audio sets. If you want to enjoy viewing your photos and video through your large screen television, you should have a MHL cable for your device.
The Proximity Sensor is in the list first, and speaking of connection, Bluetooth and WiFi is also added on the list of improvements.
Here’s the official chagelog provided by Sprint.
– Proximity sensor improvements while on a call or listening to voicemail
– Ability to output audio/video to HDTV (and other external displays via MHL cable
– WiFi Connection improvements
– Bluetooth compatibility improvements
– Android process/application shutdown resolved