Here goes the T-Mobile Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Stock Firmware SM-T217T build T217TUVUAML1, base on Android 4.2.2. The T217TUVUAML1 is the initial factory image installed on the tablet during its market launched. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T2I7T and any other Galaxy Tab 3 LTE variants in the US are capable in handling the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. So this stock firmware are for those who might have gone into rooting and modifies the firmware can make use out of it for restoring the tablet to the original firmware build default.
You can only use this stock firmware maybe once just to unroot your device, until the 4.4.2 KitKat update came around. For those who have not yet know that the 4.4.2 updates includes KNOX warranty counter and we cannot basically downgrade back to the older software updates.
So again, only use this stock firmware in-case you may want to unroot on 4.2.2 but do not ever use it if you already have the 4.4.2 update in the future.
You may check your device software version first before you want to use the stock firmware below. Make sure it is on Android version 4.2.2 before grabbing the stock firmware. To check the current software version, Go to Settings>> General>>About device.
Technical details of T217TUVUAML1 4.2.2
T-Mobile GALAXY Tab3 7.0 LTE
Model number: SM-T217T
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: T217TUVUAML1
Kernel version: 3.4.0-2197780
Build number: JDQ39.T217TUVUAML1
Disclaimer: Use of this method is solely at your own risk! Please proceed with precautions, for we will not take any responsibility if anything happens to your device by using this guide.
Important Reminders before Flashing Stock ROM
• Make sure that your Galaxy Tab 3 T217T battery is fully re-charge.
• Stock ROM packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it doesn’t delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe place just in-case if something might went wrong during the flashing process.
• Use a Windows OS base computer, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. This approach will not work on MAC users.
• Use the supplied USB cable for your Galaxy Tab 3 T217T
• Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings > Applications > Development, and tick the box that says ‘Enable USB Debugging’. If your tablet is on a rooted 4.4.2 ROM, Go to Settings >About Device>>look for the build number then tap it for around 7-times until a developer options pops-up.
• Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
• Please keep in mind that the Android 4.4.2 updates includes a new protected bootloader that might cause issues when you try to downgrade to the old software updates. This also applies if you are planning into rooting and installing any custom recovery once you are on 4.4.2, so please be aware with that.
Download the needed tools for flashing
Grab Odin3.v3.09 here
Grab the USB driver here
Grab your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T217T Original Firmware or Stock ROM.
Important: This can only be EXCLUSIVELY use to non other than T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 with a specific model number SM-T217T. Do not ever play it around any other variants such SM-T217S Sprint, and SM-T217A AT&T.
T-Mo – TMB_T217TUVUAML1 4.4.2 Stock Firmware Download (link)
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes are both remained checked.
Reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T217T into Download Mode
To reboot the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T217T into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the stock 4.4.2 T217TUVUAML1 firmware file
The stock ROM is pack in One .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Start Installing the stock ROM
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait until you see the word PASS!!
When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
Confirm your fresh firmware installation by going to Settings>About Phone>Firmware info. Then see if it is on 4.4.2 with baseband version T217TUVUAML1 and build number JDQ39.T217TUVUAML1.
Possible errors that you may encountered, this is based on my own experience while flashing stock ROM on Samsung Android devices. These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T217T in Normal mode.
That’s it! Any further questions, just drop it on our comment form below.