Here’s goes Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T707V Stock ROM build T707VVRU1ANK1. The T707VVRU1ANK1 is an Android 4.4.2 packaged, an initial released thru OTA update next to the 4.4.2 T707VVRU1ANG7 during the market-launch of the latter. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T707V has not root currently available, therefore no ROMs and devs support is rare to this device. But since the stock ROM is here that means that this device is possibly rootable in soon. The T707VVRU1ANK1 stock ROM itself, includes the needed boot image and recovery image that is being used to build a CF-Auto-Root that can root on almost all Samsung devices. You may refer at this XDA-developer thread to request the root build for this device.
In addition, the stock ROM is also useful for fixing unwanted soft-bricks such as stuck at Samsung logo, bootloops which cannot be fixed by simple factory data reset.
T707VVRU1ANK1 Technical Details:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T707V
Model number: SM-T707V
Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband version: T707VVRU1ANK1
Kernel version: 3.4.0-2377331
Build number: KOT49H.T707VVRU1ANK1
Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband version: T707VVRU1ANG7
Kernel version: 3.4.0-2377331
Build number: KOT49H.T707VVRU1ANG7
Flashing the T707VVRU1ANK1 4.4.2 Stock ROM
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T707V battery is fully charge.
- Do back-up – Stock ROM packages comes in two formats the ‘Full-Wipe’ (delete your stored data after flashing) and the ‘Non-Wipe’ (it does not delete your phone’s stored data) but it is highly recommended to make a back up all important files stored from your phone’s internal memory – contacts, messages, etc. before flashing no-matter if it is Full-WIpe or Non-Wipe, just to be safe and ensure that your stored data are in safe if something went wrong during the flashing process.
- Use a PC that runs in Windows OS, with a good and perfectly working USB serial port. Odin will not work on MAC.
- Use the supplied USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T707V.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone’s settings. Go to Settings >About Device > Settings >About Device> Look for the build number, then tap that build number for about 7-times until a message pop-up says you are now a developer.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – Go to Settings>>Security>>Reactivation Lock and then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on. This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON.
- Ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are both created by Samsung but Kies will interrupt and doesn’t like Odin, it will block you from flashing.
Download the needed tools for flashing
Install the USB Driver first to get rid of flashing failures. Also need to extract the downloaded file which is packed in zip or rar files, so that you’ll get the tar.md5 file.
Run and Configure Odin
Run Odin downloader Odin3_v3.09 on your PC desktop. Watch out the check-boxes options on the right top of Odin, ensure that the ‘RE-PARTITION’ is unchecked, only the ‘AUTO-REBOOT and ‘F.RESET TIME’ checkboxes are both remained checked.
Reboot your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 into Download Mode
To reboot the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut off, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode screen will then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
Connect your Phone to PC or Laptop
Once you already reboot the phone in download mode, simply connect the phone to your PC or laptop USB.
In Odin window – the ID:COM box will turn to blue color and indicates the COM port number and a word “Added” on a log box will prompt you that the device is already detected or recognized by Odin. Your COM port number might be different from mine. If you do not see a COM port number then there’s something missing or wrong. You may read again from the top of this post.
Load the T707VVRU1ANK1 4.4.2 stock ROM file
The stock ROM is pack in One .tar.md5 file only. Now, you need to just simply click on the AP button, then browse to the folder where the file you have previously extracted and then select and load it.
Once if all set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock ROM.
Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the device. Just wait until it completely finish.
Wait ’till it PASS!!
When the Stock ROM installation successfully completes, you will then see a word “PASS” in Odin. This indicates that the flashing was already finish, and on the log box it says “All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)”. The phone will just then automatically reboot, then it’s time to remove it from PC or laptop USB connection.
Confirm if you successfully installed the stock firmware
To confirm your fresh firmware installed: Tap on Settings>>About Device>>General tab>>Device info.
How to fix Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 in bootloops and or stuck at Samsung Logo
These are just a few hints on how to resolved it.
Q: I got an error message that says “Set-up connection Failed” ?
A: 1. Check your USB connection from the phone to PC,
2. Connect to another PC USB port
3. Check and try to another USB cable
4. Re-install the USB driver.
Q: Odin just suddenly stuck in the middle of nowhere while in flashing progress, It isn’t responding at all?
A: Check for possible program that might interrupt the process, like disabling the anti-virus and closing any running programs.
Try to use another PC or laptop,
Q: I experienced bootloop or the phone just stuck on Welcome Logo (phone always stop at bootanimation) and it won’t boot normally?
A: You can fix it via recovery mode option, do this:
Boot in recovery mode
1. Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button.
2. Use volume keys to select, Up and Down and Power or Home key to select the option
3. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Home button.
4. Next select the Wipe Cache Partition
5. Lastly, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 in Normal mode.