U.S. T-Mobile version of Samsung Galaxy Tab Tab 7.0 Plus SGH-T869 now receives an official Firmware upgrade to Android 4.0.5 Ice cream Sandwich. Just take note its ICS 4.0.5! not 4.0.4. The firmware build number is T869UVLG7 with a build date finished as of July 21, 2012. Even if its already a month delayed from its target release date, this tablet now got the most advance firmware upgrade than other Galaxy tablet variants in the U.S, Canada and Europe regions since its 4.0.5 and getting much even closer to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The most close-equivalent international model to this tablet is the GT-P6200 which already received an ICS 4.0.4 released in UK. We also keeping an eye for other T-Mobile Galaxy Tab, the 10.1 SGH-T859 that might probably also get an ICS update this month.
T869UVLG7 Android 4.0.5 Ice Cream Sandwich
Here’s the firmware info from Kies:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus SGH-T869
Latest firmware: T869UVLG7/T869TMBLG7/T869UVLG7/T869UVLG7
Software version: Android 4.0.5 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build/Modified: 7/21/2012 4:55:30 PM
According from T-Mobile that the said “ICS 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 for Galaxy Tab 7 Plus can only be available via Kies”. This release scheduled beginning August 14th until or after August 27, 2012.
Here’s T-Mobile official announcement
“Beginning August 14th, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will have an optional manual software update to Android version 4.0.5 /Software T869UVLG7 (Ice Cream Sandwich) via Kies only.”
As we know that most of you hate Samsung Kies as we do, but if there is only one option then we have to do even if we don’t want to do. To install Android 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 update you will be needed to access Music Hub after August 27, 2012. More over you must have latest version of Samsung Kies, and at least a 50-percent of battery.
So, again its not available via OTA (over the air) update. You must download latest Kies to install the Android 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 update.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus T689 Original ICS 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 stock ROM.
Well, for advance users who do not use Kies for some issues, here you can manually upgrade by flashing the original T869UVLG7 ICS 4.0.5 stock ROM.
How to install ICS 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus T689
Note: This method is for advance users only and “Not Personally Recommended or advisable for typical users”, for this is risky. Advance users already have enough knowledge in tweaking their devices firmware. This may also useful to those who’s Galaxy Tab T689 currently runs in any unofficial firmware and wanted to return back to T-Mobile’s original factory stock., for these folks can’t upgrade on Kies anymore. So this is the solution, just ask any assistance from your ROM developers on how to safely install back this original factory stock to get rid of any issues.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your devices by using this method. You may proceed at your own risk!
Grab the stock ICS 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 Firmware: SGH-T869_TMB_T869UVLG7_T869TMBLG7_T869UVLG7
– Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
– Remember the APN settings of your device.
– Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
1) Extract the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted T869TMBLG7_T869UVLG7_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then (Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone is in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted colored ID:COM box in Odin shows an indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus SGH-T869 now runs in Android 4.0.5 T869UVLG7 Ice Cream Sandwich. Just let us know how it works.