Stock ROM T9889UVLE1, the official Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware/software update for USA T-Mobile version of Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989. The T9889UVLE1 ICS firmware upgrade was released in June 11, 2012, this an upgrade from previous Gingerbread firmware build T989UVLDE and T989UVKID. This stock ROM is useful to manually upgrade your device if you can’t update anymore on Kies or via OTA (Over the Air) due to some modification you have previously done with your Galaxy s2 like installing any un-official ROM or firmware. So, if Kies ignores you from updating, this stock ROM is your only option to install the official ICS firmware.
T989UVLE1 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware
Here’s a brief firmware info of T9889UVLE1:
Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
Product Code: SGH-T959HABTMB
Version: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build date: 6/8/2012 5:22:24 PM
Stock ROM: (for advance users and devs use)
How to manually install T989UVLE1 Stock ROM
This guide are for those advance users who currently runs their devices in any unofficial firmware and wants to return back to official stock for they cannot update from Kies or even via OTA (over the Air). Typical users may only update using Kies, for it’s still runs with the official firmware.
1) Download the T989UVLE1 stock ROM file and extract it.
2) Power off your phone and remove the battery. Re-insert the battery after a few seconds. Hold VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN while plugging in the USB cable to your phone. Stop holding with ‘Warning’ appears.
3) Plug the USB cable into your computer, without plugging it into your phone.
4) Press Volume UP and start ODIN to be safe)
6) Click PDA and locate the MD5 file extracted earlier.
7) Press ‘Start’ and wait until it finishes flashing.
8.) Unplug your phone after it has completed and rebooted twice.
If bootloops occurred after flashing, fix it via recovery mode by factory reset.
1) Boot into recovery (Power on phone while holding VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN)
2) Wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik
3) Reboot System