I9300TDUUGNC1 that is the official 4.3 firmware update for Telstra’s Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T in Australia. The I9300TDUUGNC1 has just recently released by Samsung for the carrier operator as an upgrade from previous 4.1.2 I9300TDUEMJ1 that was rolled out last year. Yes, it may take a while now before Telstra’s Galaxy S3 users received the new 4.3. Jelly Bean treats but other than that Vodafone has also got the 4.3 update last month.
So for those who are still rocking the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T, you may now check the latest 4.3 I9300TDUUGNC1 thru over the air (OTA) by simply head-over to your Galaxy S3 Settings>>About Device>>Check for update. You may also fire-up Kies in your computer then hook-up your phone and simply perform the software update.
But for those who cannot get this update from Kies or OTA due to the fact the the phone is rooted or runs with custom ROMs and recoveries and may want to return back to the official 4.3 GNC1 update, just grab the stock firmware.
Key enhancements and features of 4.3 Software Update:
- OS upgrade (android 4.3)
- Added new feature
- Compatibility with Galaxy gear
- Improved performance (Graphics, Multimedia, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Improved the User Interface and Usability
- User Interface adjustment (Icon change, widgets, etc.)
- Security enhancements
- *You cannot downgrade back to the old software after this new software upgrade due to security reason.
According to the last part of the changelog that once you took the 4.3 update, it forbids you from downgrading back to the old software update due to security reason. So this means that it’s a one way straight ahead taking the 4.3 update and no returning back again to any old firmware like the 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 versions.
The I9300TDUUGNC1 update is available through Samsung Kies and over-the-air (OTA software update). But for those advanced users who wants to update now, you might also like to grab the original I9300TDUUGNC1 firmware below and update your device in no time without waiting this update from Kies to appear.
Install I9300TDUUGNC1 4.3 Update on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T
Disclaimer: This guide is for advance users only, this is risky for beginners. We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device while using this guide. Proceed at your own risk!
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 08:37:55 +0000
- Make a back-up copy of all important files from the device. You may use any apps for quick back-up.
- Make sure the battery is fully charge.
1) Extract or unzip the downloaded firmware or stock ROM so that you’ll get the Odin flashable tar file which is looks likely the same as the image below.
2) Run Odin Downloader v3.07 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file. Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM. “I9300TDUUGNC1_I9300TTELGNC1_I9300TDUUGNC1_HOME.tar.md5″
4. Do Not check the Re-Partition checkbox. Mark check these checkboxes Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time.
5. Reboot the phone in download mode: To reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode , you need to turn the power off. After it completely shut down, just press and hold the Volume Down key, Home button and the Power ON/OFF button simultaneously.
You should then prompted into a warning screen and asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, just simply press volume up to get into download mode. The download mode then displays an Android robot and say’s “Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!”
6. Connect the phone to PC when it’s in the Download Mode screen.
7. Hit the “START’ button.
10. Wait until a word “PASS’ appears.
11. Remove the phone from PC once completely reboots.
Optional: Perform factory reset to gain a fresher firmware installation, this is very useful to get rid of unwanted reboots and lag issues.
You may then confirm the newly installed Jelly Bean from your device:
Settings–>About Phone–>Software info or type *#1234# and see if it’s already I9300TDUUGNC1 4.3 Jelly Bean build.