Samsung has began rolling the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update for U.S users of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5113. The latest firmware build is P5113UECLK7, this an upgrade from Android 4.0.4 builds – P5113UEBLH3, P5113UEBLH1, P5113UEBLG5 and P5113UEBLG2. There is no official changelog released by Samsung, but we spotted this update via Kies hitting Cellular South tablets. Some users already confirmed this update is now rolling via OTA (over the air), as we speak.
Those who have the GT-P5110 WiFi with 3G variants, you can also check out the 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update with build number P5110XXCLK7, it was already released in UK a few days ago. For the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users, check this Android 4.1.1 updates – WiFi only P3110XXCLK7 and for 3G +WiFi is P3100XXCLL2.
If you find some interesting features of this update please do share to us you impressions. Enjoy!
P5113UECLK7 4.1.1 Stock firmware
This guide is for advance users only, those who have rooted and installed with modified firmware on their Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Ordinary users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, for your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware and you can simply update without facing any issues.
This is also useful to unroot or restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to official factory firmware.
Disclaimer: Though this method is proven safe but you may use this guide solely at your own risk!
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
Download the original P5113UECLK7 stock firmware
U.S. – P5113UECLK7_P5113XARCLK7_XAR.zip link
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware. Use winzip, 7zip or any decompressing tool in your computer.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-Partition” , just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the P5113UECLK7_Home..tar.md5 file you extracted.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will highlight and shows the current com port of your Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odin doesn’t responds, it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
If you have something to mention, just drop it on the comment form. Enjoy!