Vodafone Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 Update to Android 4.2.2 P3100BUDMJ1.
Europe’s carrier Vodafone is now releasing its Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)update on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100. A firmware update in the form of build number P3100BUDMJ1 is now available on Samsung Kies firmware server and points to Vodafone Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch P3100. Lucky Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 owners in England, Germany, Italy and parts of Europe countries where Vodafone resides will also start seeing this update shortly.
The new firmware build P3100BUDMJ1 4.2.2 is an update from February’s released 4.1.2 build P3100BUDMI1. The P3100BUDMJ1 is the third Android 4.2.2 that Samsung ever released, next to P3100XXDMG6 the first update took place in France for unbranded Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 devices. Other countries might still wait for a while since the rolled out is still in-progress and not all countries already covered with this update.
Those who owned the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 GT-P3100 under Vodafone’s network should start seeing this update via OTA update notification or you may hook-up your tablet now with your computer and check for this update using Samsung Kies tool. After performing an update, you should then see that your tablets firmware will bump-up to Android 4.2.2 with this current firmware build number P3100BUDMJ1.
Those who might have rooted or running with ROMs and might face update failure on Kies or OTA, you can either restore back to stock recovery or use the stock ROM from below source.
How to manually install P3100BUDMJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100
This quick guide is for advance users only – for those who owns a rooted and installed with ROMs on their Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 and having issues updating via OTA or Kies. Typical users may only update via OTA or Kies and do not use this method, or if your Galaxy Tab 2 still runs with official firmware. You can simply update through Kies or Over the Air without facing any issues though.
Disclaimer: Use this guide solely at your own risk! We shall not be held responsible any outcomes it may bring into your device.
– Make sure the battery is fully charge
– Make a back-up copy of all important files stored from your device.
– If you came from custom ROM and wants to restore back your Galaxy Tab 2 to completely stock, perform wipe data via custom recovery first to avoid bootloop issues.
– If you installed Samsung’s Kies software, make sure it is closed and not running on system tray.
– Use the supplied USB cable of your Galaxy Tab 2, failures in flashing is caused by a bad USB cable.
Download the original P3100BUDMI1 carrier branded stock firmware:
Device name: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Model number: GT-P3100
Android version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: 2013 Sep 17
UK – (VOD) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
Italy – (OMN) P3100BUDMJ1Download (link)
Germany – (VD2) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
Greece – (VGR) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
Hungary – (VDH) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
Romania – (CNX) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
Spain – (ATL) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
Slovenia – (SIM) P3100BUDMJ1 Download (link)
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware.
2. Set the Galaxy Tab 2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool.
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” mark checked.
5. In Odin, click the PDA button. Select the extracted stock firmware.
Odin sample only:
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will turn to yellow and shows the current com port you Galaxy Tab 2 connected to. If you don’t see this and Odindoesn’t responds it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.
Optional: Perform factory reset to gain a fresher firmware installation.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 should now be running on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean build P3100BUDMJ1. If you have something to mention, just drop it on the comment form below.